Monday, October 4, 2010

A Favorite Recipe for Busy Days

I have no idea what really possessed me to post a recipe on here, but I just thought it would be a nice thing to do since we all want to "change it up" sometimes. This one is EASY and just calls for a crockpot. If you don't have one, you should invest in one. Mine has changed my life! Let me just say that we didn't do crockpot cooking when I was growing up. We did it the old-fashioned way; from scratch and in an oven. I received a crockpot for my wedding and didn't really know how to use it, so I sold it at a yard sale. Years later I was inspired to try again because a friend of mine frequently used one and her food was always moist and scrumptious! I got mine at Costco for less than $40 and it is amazing.

Without further ado, here is the recipe (passed on from my older bro & his wife):

Curry Chicken:
-Chicken of your choice (I either use 4 of Trader Joe's frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs or 2-3 fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts)
-3-5 Red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks (I have used Idaho on occasion; it's just about the same)
-1 onion, cut into chunks
-Several carrots, cut into chunks
-2 jars Trader Joe's Thai Yellow Curry Sauce (YUMMY!!! They also have a Thai Red Curry Sauce, which is very good, but a little on the spicy side for my kids. Also note**my twins don't normally care for this dish, but last time I added sour cream to theirs as I served it and they LOVED it!)

Put all ingredients in your crockpot and add two jars of sauce. (You can put the thighs in frozen, but if you use chicken breasts, put them in after they've thawed.) You can cook on high for 4 or 6 hours or on low for 8 or 10 hours if you have enough time (before you leave for work).

Serve over rice. Enjoy!! Happy crockpot cooking!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment