Friday, July 1, 2011

Soffel Farms Organic "You-Pick" Berries

We had the pleasure of going to Soffel Farms in Redlands to pick some wonderful organic blueberries! My hubby had taken the kids there a few weeks ago while I was at a photography workshop, and he had nothing but good things to say about the place. Not to mention that the blueberries they brought home were probably the best I've ever tasted. They were huge, plump, juicy and had such a nice flowery taste. I've been craving the darned things ever since. So I decided to take the kids back out there to harvest a few more! We also decided to try some farm-fresh eggs, since we will be having some ourselves in a few months, when our hens are a bit older! Here are the few photos I took! :)



















I think they put these shiny flags to scare the birds away. They were kinda loud when the wind was blowing too! 



This rooster is so pretty!! (or should I say handsome?)

Emma was holding the chicken feed in her dress! SO cute!


Our stash! :)




Arent' the different shades of eggs soooo pretty?? They tasted great too...the yolks were very rich and creamy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment